Cubs on Water 2022
Cubs on Water
Sunday 12th June 2022
Leybourne Lakes 10.30 to 15.30
Cost will be £5.50 a Cub
Cubs on Water – enables Cubs from all over Gravesham District to spend the day having a go in Kayaks, Canoes and Bell Boats. The event is held at Leybourne Lake offering safe access and egress to the water and ease of supervision for Cubs on the water.
· We will be operating on the smaller Diving Lake – See site map below - and have arranged a designated area for us to operate from – in front of benches on South-West corner of Diving Lake
The cost is £5.50 per Cub
In order that we know how many to expect in the day, please let us know how many (approx.) from your Group/Pack is coming by Sat 04-Jun-22
All Cubs will need Parental Permission forms and any leaders that are not able to attend in person can still send their Cubs but they must be accompanied by their parents and stay with them for the day, ‘no Cubs on their own’.
Cubs will need:
a packed lunch and a drink
a towel and dry clothes
Spare shoes, trainers or plimsolls to wear in the water
No Cubs allowed in / on the water without suitable footwear on their feet.
All water safety rules will be strictly adhered to, that way we will all have a great day
Parents and families are welcome to stay for the day, bring a picnic and enjoy a great day out.
Please remember that only Cub Scouts are insured and non-members are not permitted to use Scout registered equipment or craft.
Groups are reminded that we have a restriction on the number of tents / gazebos. This is restricted to one per group for the specific purpose of providing a screened changing area and can only be pitched in designated area – see site map
Please remind any parents attending with your group that dogs are not permitted at Gravesham District Scout events
Please note: Due to building works and access issues there is no on-site parking. All vehicles are required to use the main Car Park
“Buoyancy aids, appropriate Footwear must be worn by every person in or on the water, no exception.”
Safety is the responsibility of us all, if anybody sees someone in trouble, help if you can but also alert leaders on the water or bank marshals.
Please clear any rubbish from site on leaving at the end of the day.
· Venue: Leybourne Lakes Country Park, Malling Rd, Snodland, Aylesford.
Nearest Postcode for SatNav: ME6 5LB (car park entrance off of Ham Hill Roundabout A228)
· Toilets - are available at the main Car Park.
· Car Parking – The car park at Leybourne Lakes Country Park is pay and display. There is a height barrier (two metres) and limited parking available for vehicles over 2m
· The charging period is the opening times of the park (07:00 – 19:00)
· up to 4hours £1.40; over four hours £4
· Maximum stay is the opening times of the park
· RingGo code: 51194
· See pay and display for parking rates and season tickets
· Although families are more than welcome to attend, please remember that only Scouts are insured to use Scout registered craft.
· Please advise any parents attending with your group that dogs are not permitted at ‘Gravesham District Scout’ events.
· Please note – Due to fire safety regulations use of BBQs at Leybourne Lake is prohibited. Please make all attendees, leaders and parents aware of this regulation as the Ranger/Park Management will ask anyone using BBQ’s to leave.
· Groups are reminded that we have a restriction on the number of tents / gazebos. This is restricted to one per group for the specific purpose of providing a screened changing area and can only be pitched in designated area
· Site Map